Hi Cory,

usually, I am a friend of oxygen reduction and IPM - but sometimes
silverfish can be nasty visitors, especially to paper and textiles.
Probably you know all articles on DDVP. This one mentions its prerunner
Vapona "Dichlorvos-impregnated strips (2,2-dichlorovinyl dimethyl
phosphate, or DDVP pest strips) were first registered in 1954 under the
trade name Vapona™ by Shell Chemical Company. These pest strips have
been used by entomologists,museums
<http://www.agr.gc.ca/eng/science-and-innovation/research-centres/ontario/eastern-cereal-and-oilseed-research-centre/the-agriculture-and-agri-food-canada-collection-of-vascular-plants/about-the-agriculture-and-agri-food-canada-national-collection-of-vascular-plants/history-of-insect-pest-control-in-the-agriculture-and-agri-food-canada-national-collection-of-vascular-plants/?id=1344857412902>,
and other conservators for museum fumigationfor decades
<http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/esa/jme/1969/00000006/00000001/art00020>."
https://www.wired.com/2014/01/cdc-warning-misuse-pest-strips/

Well, this does not mean that there no newer and better solutions. No
chemicals is better than any, of course. As all insects need oxygen,
temporyry oxygen reduction seems to me the most proper solution.
Continuous oxygen reduction is been used here also in some libraries and
archives (as a pesticide and protection against fire) , but this
includes only limited short term usage of these facilities of sound users.

These are my twopence as an art historian. Wait for the comments of
conservators after Eastern.

Best

Christian

--
*Verlag Dr. Christian Müller-Straten*
Crossmedia-Spezialverlag für die Bewahrung von Kultur und Natur
Redaktion: Dr. Adelheid Straten ([log in to unmask])
Herausgeber: Dr. Christian Mueller-Straten
Kunzweg 23, 81243 München, Germany
https://www.museumaktuell.de T. 0049-(0)89-839 690 43, Fax -44,
Üblicherweise erreichbar: 7-20 h MEZ
Media: MUSEUM AKTUELL print und MUSEUM AKTUELL Online (mit Volltextsuche
und aktiven Links), EXPOTIME!,
RESTAURATORENBLÄTTER - Papers in Conservation, das große
Restauratoren-Wörterbuch KONSERVATIV,
Europäisches Museumsportal www.museumaktuell.de
Kommerzielle Anliegen: Medienberatung Lutz F. Boden
Marktstr. 6, 21698 Harsefeld
T. 0049-(0)4164 9063507, mobil: 0175 – 3328668
Office hours: 9 am - 6 pm