Dear Colleagues,

Below is a link to a blog post that introduces a brief 5-minute survey that evaluates students perceptions of the advising/mentoring they receive in preparation for entering the job market.  The purpose of the survey is explained in the blog post.  Briefly, my goals are to:
  • determine where students receive advising/mentoring to prepare for job applications upon graduation.
  • determine how students perceive the value of that mentoring.
  • having graduated and sought, and hopefully successfully achieved employment, obtain their feedback on how they could have better prepared themselves for entering the workforce.
  • In the blog as well, I report what I intend to do with the survey data and protecting the privacy of respondents.
I will appreciate your completing and/or forwarding the survey link and/or blog to appropriate individuals who:
  • are emerging professionals in their field
  • have graduated from a degree program in the past 5-10 years or will be graduating shortly.  Respondents can currently be enrolled as students if they have been employed in the past and can reasonably respond to the questions.
  • Please consider sharing with alumni groups, emerging professional groups, other student-based groups, and relevant FB or other social media pages.

The direct url of the survey is:
https://lsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ekw8fdQMf7Lgz3L

The direct url of the blog post is:
https://connollyrobert.com/2019/02/06/request-for-response-to-academic-advising-survey/

Thanks so much for your help with this project!

Robert
--
Robert Connolly

"There are a lot of places I like, but I like New Orleans better"
                    ~ Bob Dylan