*Please excuse cross-postings*

Posted on behalf of the Society for Imaging Science and Technology (IS&T).

16th annual  Archiving meeting in Lisbon, Portugal, 14-17 May, 2019

dealing with the digitization, preservation, and access of 2D, 3D, and AV materials.

This is the only meeting that I’m aware of that brings together representatives from libraries, archives, and museums with imaging and computer scientists and engineers. I’m not associated with this meeting so please address your questions to IS&T.

Sessions are listed below.

Preservation/Archiving: Standards and guidelines

Digitization: Large scale/mass digitization and workflow management systems

Preservation/Archiving: Archival models and workflows

Access: Formats for preservation and access

Management and Partnerships/Collaborations: best practices, lessons learned, and case studies

Access: Integration of linked open [usable] data (LOD/LOUD), Open source solutions, and APIs

Digitization: New developments in technologies and workflows

The full meeting program can be found at

http://www.imaging.org/site/IST/Conferences/Archiving/Archiving_2019/IST/Conferences/Archiving/Archiving_Home.aspx?hkey=54bdc838-33f7-4874-aaef-3ccbf6b27461

along with the short courses being offered, and tours.

-Doug

Douglas Nishimura

Image Permanence Institute

Rochester Institute of Technology