Old World Wisconsin is looking for a new historic gardener to take the helm
of a robust program put in place by our soon-to-retire Head Gardener.

*Title: Guest Experience Manager, Gardens *

position with responsibility to oversee all activity relating to historical
landscapes and gardens in service of the guest experience at Old World
Wisconsin. Old World Wisconsin is a 600 acre living museum home to 60
buildings and over a dozen heirloom gardens exploring the power of place
and perseverance in the lives of those who call Wisconsin home.

Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, Guest Experience, this
position is a part of the Old World Wisconsin’s Experience Management Team
and will work collaboratively with the Curator and Guest Experience
Managers, as well as the larger WHS Historical Sites and Museums Team, to
oversee the daily guest experience as it relates to historical gardens and
landscapes, which includes garden planning, historical research, greenhouse
management, volunteer supervision, general safety and garden maintenance,
and customer service.

This position is responsible for themed gardens with the entry complex
which may not necessarily be historical in nature. This position serves as
the subject matter expert for historical gardens (ornamental, fruits,
vegetables, herbs, landscaping and design) and is tasked with content
development, educational program development and facilitation, and
outreach. This position is responsible for ensuring accurate and immersive
landscapes, and exceptional guest experience in alignment with the Mission
of WHS. In carrying out their duties, the Guest Experience Manager, Gardens
leads the work of LTE staff and volunteers. They must possess creativity,
strong financial stewardship abilities and an entrepreneurial spirit, and a
passion for sharing the exploration of history with our guests.

For a full list of duties and application info please see  our webpage
<https://oldworldwisconsin.wisconsinhistory.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2019/01/OWW_WHS_Garden_PD_01-2019.pdf>
.
The application deadline has been extended until March 1, 2019.

Best,
Anna

Anna Altschwager
Assistant Director, Guest Experience

*Old World Wisconsin*
W372 S9727 Hwy 67
Eagle, WI 53119
262-594-6357 (o)
262-951-0300 (c)
*Anna.Altschwager*@wisconsinhistory.org <[log in to unmask]>

 *Pronouns: She/Her/Hers*
*Why I include my pronoun in my email signature *
<https://www.aclunc.org/blog/what-s-pronoun>