Hey Kathie,

You may want to look into getting a copy of Guidelines for Selecting Solid-State Lighting for Museums, a 2012 report from the Getty Conservation Institute.  It was recommended during a Connecting to Collections Care webinar on LED lighting as a great resource on the subject.  Of course, some things may have changed since then.

I don't have any personal tips to share.  Unfortunately, when the lights in our museum were changed to LEDs a couple years after I had done this preliminary research, I wasn't actually included in the conversations.  :(  Maybe that's the tip -- if you have information to share, demand a seat at the table!

~Liz Cisar
Collections Assistant
Center for Western Studies
Augustana University