From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Kathie Gow
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 4:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] best color temperature for new LED lights?

Hi Listers. We are replacing our 8-foot-long fluorescent tube light fixtures in two large display cases (due to a smelly blown-out ballast!), with new LED fixtures, and I need to decide the color temp of the new lights. I am thinking we want warm light, but something that will still show whites as white. Would 2700K do the trick?

(We are a small historical society museum with lots of oak and other wood cases, whitish walls (that are mostly covered) and some exterior LED fixtures that have cooler light...

Happy for all LED lighting tips and things you've learned!

best,
--Kathie

Kathie Gow

Curator, Hatfield Historical Museum     hatfieldhistory.weebly.com

Oral History Producer     wordspicturesstories.com