Happy New Year, MuseumLers - Do not forgot that there will be ongoing
cleaning/washing/drycleaning needed for the costumes and costume accessories
(i.e. gloves, helmets, scarves) as well. Will this cleaning be done
in-house, sent out to a professional laundry/drycleaner or will someone have
to be tasked with also taking the costume home to be washed (along with
those dirty cotton gloves used for object handling)?

As a mom with long-haired children who went thru the hassle of lice
infestations when they were school-aged, I suggest you might want to drop
any item that would be put on the head - it is a lot of work to disinfect
headwear for lice. And a PR nightmare if you are accused of promulgating a
lice infestation among your visitors.

.  a dress up interactive for kids who visit my museum but am running into
some problems. We focus on the history of motorcycling in America. Ideally,
I would like the kids to be able to dress up to look like they are from
different eras and from different disciplines of motorcycling (motocross,
road racing etc.).

First, I thought of buying actual gear meant for kids. But, that can be very
expensive. I also want the costumes to be very easy to put on and take off.
We have a lot of school groups where most of the kids have never ridden a
motorcycle. I've looked at getting Halloween costumes but most the "biker"
costumes out there are imaged after outlaw groups rather than professional
disciplines. .

Regards,

Meg

.   _  _  _  _  _  _  _   _  _   ___________

Margaret E. Geiss-Mooney

Textile/Costume Conservator &

Collections Care/Management Consultant

Professional Associate - AIC

National Heritage Responder - AIC

1-707-763-8694

|  <https://www.linkedin.com/in/margaretgeissmooney> Linked-In

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited, and
you are requested to please notify me immediately by telephone or email, and