Need some advice.

Recently, we were lent a local sports figure's scrapbook to scan archival items such as proclamations, news clippings, stickers,  event entry paperwork and photos.

I am not sure how to catalog these scanned images.  I inherited a system where objects and archives are given regular accession numbers but photographs are given the accession number starting with P and are recorded in a different accession binder

For digital photographs, I have been accessioning them in the Photos accession binder under the terminology, Photograph, Digital.and in the Photograph catalog in Past Perfect.

What I am grappling with are the items that were not originally photographs- do I treat the items as archives (even though they are only digital scans) and accession them with a regular 2018.XX.XX or do I accession them as digital items along with the Photographs.

If I accession them as archives, do I catalog them as scans primarily and then describe what type they depict or do I catalog them per the type they depict and just note they are scans only in the description or

If I accession them as scans in the photograph catalog, do I describe the archival material they depict in the description only?

Any helpful advice would be appreciated before I set yet another precedent.

Thanks.

--
Susan English
Historical Museum Coordinator