Seeking Objects for Exhibits

2019 – Noah in Traditional and Contemporary Art

Noah in Contemporary and Traditional Art is one of the main exhibits for 2019 at the Biedenharn Museum and Gardens. We are currently seeking loans or donations of Noah’s Ark art, quilts, toys, books, decorative items, etc. They can be antiques or more recent. (Object loan period - January 2019 – January 2020, Exhibit dates Thursday, March 21, 2019 – Saturday, January 4, 2020)

2020 – Adam and Eve

There are many beautiful and compelling images which tell the story of Adam and Eve. We are looking for depictions of the full story of Adam and Eve, from their creation, to the forbidden fruit incident to their life beyond the Garden of Eden.  Interpretations of various aspects of their story range from sensuous, to graphic, to farcical. The exhibit is planned for the main gallery of the Bible Museum. We already have access to images created by artists ranging from Salvador Dalí to R. Crump. (Object loan period - January 2020 – January 2021, Exhibit Dates Thursday, March 19, 2020 – Saturday, January 9, 2021)

If you have items that would work for either of, please contact Ralph Calhoun at [log in to unmask] or call 318-807-3202.

Our current exhibit, Images of Christ, includes more than 80 paintings, photographs and three-dimensional objects from 20 individuals and museums representing eight states. Artists range from unknowns to Clementine Hunter to Rembrandt. We hope to build on the success of Images of Christ with the Ark and Adam and Eve exhibits.

The Biedenharn Museum and Gardens may be the only site in the universe that houses a Coca-Cola Museum, Bible Museum, Historic House and formal English Garden. We also sell bottled Cokes from vintage machines for 5˘.

Thank you

Ralph Calhoun, Executive Director

Biedenharn Musuem and Gardens

Bmuseum.org