Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Fall Courses for new interpretive staff, guides or docents.

Interpretation is a powerful communication process that provokes, relates and reveals stories and experiences of our natural and cultural heritage to visitors through first-hand involvement and stories through objects, artifacts, landscapes or sites.  But many new interpreters haven’t had any college-level training in interpretive communications, interpretive philosophy, theories or principles.  This is a college level series of introductory courses in heritage interpretation designed to help new interpreters get “caught up” on what the interpretive profession really is and the skills needed to be successful interpreters.

You can start the courses at any time and complete the courses at your own pace.  Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion and CEU unit credits.  We teach 42 different courses in heritage interpretation and a link to our course catalog is provided at the end of this page.

Introduction to Heritage Interpretation Course. 14 Units - 2 CEU credits. $150.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/introduction_to_heritage_interpretation_course.html

Interpretive Writing e-LIVE Course - 8 Units and 2 CEU Credits $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_writing_course.html

Interpretive tour planning and delivery techniques for professional/commercial tour guides.
11 Units, 2 CEU Credits - $200.00 Tuition
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interp_for_commercial_tour_providers.html

Planning and Managing Interpretive Outreach Programs. (Taking your interpretive services "on the road".) 12 Units - 2 CEU Credits ($150.00)
http://www.heritageinterp.com/developing_interpretive_outreach_programs.html

A Curators guide for helping their docents/volunteers create truly interpretive gallery
tours for Art and Traditional Museums. Techniques for revealing the hidden stories and meanings in art and artifacts for presenting dynamic and inspirational interpretive
tour experiences for your visitors. 12 Units, 2 CEU Credits, Course Tuition: $200.00
www.heritageinterp.com/a_curators_guide_for_developing_gallery_tours.html

Interpreting Critical Issues- The interpreter's key role in public safety, public relations and as an agent of change in visitors attitudes and reactions to natural or human-induced dramatic or dangerous events. Thirteen Units - Tuition $400.00
www.heritageinterp.com/interpreting_critical_issues.html

Advanced Interpretive Techniques -Interpreting the "rest of the story".
Interpreting "the rest of the story", a powerful Interpretive communications technique for revealing and releasing the "rest of the stories" hidden in artifacts, objects, historical figures/events, landscapes, or sites through both live presentations and interpretive media text and label copy.
12 Units, 2.5 CEU Credits,  $175.00 USD
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_techniques_-_the_rest_of_the_story_co.html

If you’d like more information on our total 42-course catalog click on the link below.  If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask.

John Veverka
Director,
Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Certified Interpretive Planner and trainer (HITC)
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

Top of Form

Bottom of Form