Hello all,

I am posting this job opportunity for colleagues at the new Chinese American Museum in DC. Please feel free to distribute

This position and a Chief Curator position are posted here: https://www.chineseamericanmuseum.org/career/

MUSEUM ASSISTANT (Communication, Marketing, Development)

Chinese American Museum

Washington, DC

The mission of the Chinese American Museum of Washington DC is to advance the understanding, knowledge, and appreciation of the Chinese American experience by highlighting shared cultural exchanges and stories of the spirit, resilience, and contributions of Chinese Americans throughout our past, present, and future.

The Chinese American Museum is seeking a personable, detail-oriented, and computer savvy individual to serve as an assistant to the Executive Director, undertaking responsibilities that focus on communication, marketing, and development projects. The Assistant reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Board of Directors, staff, and Advisory Boards. This is a 6-month part-time contract position with flexible hours with an opportunity for extension.

Essential Functions

Qualifications

Working Conditions

Office environment, standard hours.

Compensation

This is a 6-month part-time contract position.

To Apply

Send your CV or resume with cover letter to [log in to unmask]

Chinese American Museum Foundation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.

ABOUT THE MUSEUM

The Chinese American Museum in Washington, DC (CAMDC) is a bold undertaking, currently underway, to establish a new, national museum to collect, preserve, exhibit, and lead a meaningful, positive dialogue on the Chinese American experience—its history, culture, and contributions to our country and the world.

The Chinese American Museum will serve as a:

With our newly acquired building in the heart of Washington, DC, the museum will serve to positively impact people from all backgrounds, across the country and abroad through relevant collections, exhibits, online experiences, educational programs, and events. In addition to offering a high-quality physical museum destination, we strive to be an interactive museum and content source that extends beyond our physical walls to encourage an ongoing conversation and visitor experience.

History, Mission, and Vision

The Chinese American Museum Foundation, a Washington DC based 501(c)3 non-profit organization, was incorporated under the District of Columbia’s Business Organizations Code on June 6, 2017.

The museum’s mission is to advance the understanding, knowledge, and appreciation of the Chinese American experience by highlighting shared cultural exchanges and stories of the spirit, resilience, and contributions of Chinese Americans throughout our past, present, and future.

Our vision is to build a community around a continuous dialogue illustrating how Chinese Americans, culture, contributions, and potential are all an important part of the American fabric. We seek to work with organizations, museums, experts, and leadership across the country to tell the Chinese American story on DC’s national stage.