Class Starts August 13th, 2018, Enroll Through August 20th, 2018.

 http://www.artmuseums.com/intergenerational-museum.html

No matter our age we can probably remember a person older and younger than we who influences or influenced our lives.  It could have been an aunt, a teacher, a mom or dad, the librarian that could always locate just the right resource.  Most of us also remember a grandparent that taught us something we would have never learned without them.  Admit it, wasn't it a teen that you went to for help before you first became internet savey? Generations help each other.  The Museum is a safe, fun, an educational place for people to relate to each other and engage.

Babies, Toddlers, Pre-school, Kinders, Tweens, Teens, Young Adults, Career Age Adults, Young Families, Seniors, Retired, and Assisted Living EVERYONE benefits by interacting with various ages and generations and all can learn from one another.

This workshop presents programming ideas for museum staff who want to bring multigenerational and intergenerational activities into their museum programs and learn how others are doing it.

Do you need tips, techniques and information to make your job easier in incorporating multigenerational activities and programs, or to plan future programming?

All Museums can benefit from the resources that will be offered in this 4 week workhop.

Inter-generational Projects and Programming

This is a practical class with real life applications. You will learn why multi-generational programs are important and how to create them.  You will have an opportunity to look at program examples and develop your own portfolio. Reading lists and other multi-generational resources will be included.

Activities that are inclusive, relative, and fun for all ages will be outlined. Suggestions for exploring the talents of all ages and offering programs that bring family members together will also be presented.

Online Format 12 hours 4 weeks Access 24/7

Week 1- Defining intergenerational programming. Why is it beneficial?   How do you find participants?

Collaborating with other groups, companies, and organizations. The Gold Standard-taking a look at successful multigenerational programs.

Week 2-What makes a good program? How to plan for it.  How to locate good ideas. Creating an Event and Theme Calendar.  Creating a program template.

Week 3-Organizing an idea, project, and program portfolio.  The Young, Old and In-Between-Creating Programming for all ages.  Bring Seniors and Children and Teens will attend.

Week 4-Planning Your Program.  You have turned an idea into a plan.

Purchase this  class today by using your choice of credit card or pay pal by clicking this secured pay pal account below. Is Your Museum Paying for the Class?  Museum Invoices Welcome.

$99.00 per participant.  One fee covers l participant. Group rates available upon request.

http://www.artmuseums.com/intergenerational-museum.html