Hi!
Our museum recently formed an exhibits committee.
Our reasoning behind forming the committee was to ensure the objects were getting rotated out regularly which is both good for visitors and for the objects
. We also want to ensure
 that all labels were uniform. The main catalyst
for this
 was
that
I just recently started this position and the exhibits hadn't changed since I was a little girl
growing up in the area.
. So we are basically redoing our our exhibits in phases and by area and theme.
We had some areas that were very good exhibit wise and some that needed some work. The committee consists of one Executive Board member
,
3  regular board members
,
 two museum employees, and five volunteers
, and then me, the executive director/curator
. We meet monthly just like the rest of our committees do and decide on projects related to exhibits
-

permanent
, traveling,
and temporary.
I also have a varied group of people with various interests and expertise so it helps when researching exhibit themes,  ideas and labels.
So far it is going extremely well, the board, employees, volunteers, and the community are very excited. This has even led to a couple of oral history projects that we hope to have as part of our audio tours and/or on videos throughout the exhibits.
We plan to add an exhibit element to our website highlighting new and updated exhibits.

Please let me know if you have further questions. I hope this helps!

Karen

Karen Shank-Chapman
Executive Director
p: 765-962-5756