This is sad news.  Although I never met her in person, Marie was always willing to take my calls and provide assistance and advice in clear, pragmatic terms, and always with collegiality and good humor.  Her “Legal Primer on Managing Museum Collections” remains front and center on my desk, quite dog-eared and filled with notes from our conversations.  Perhaps it’s time for a new copy in her honor.

Margaret M. O'Reilly

Executive Director

Office: 609 984-3899

Fax:  609 292-7636

New Jersey State Museum

PO Box 530

205 West State Street

Trenton, NJ 08625-0530

www.statemuseum.nj.gov

Division of the NJ Dept. of State

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE The information contained in this communication from the Division of the New Jersey State Museum/NJ Department of State is privileged and confidential and is intended for the sole use of the persons or entities who are the addressees. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, the dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the information it contains is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately contact the Division of State Museum at (609) 984-3899 to arrange for the return of this information.