Hi all - I am repainting and updating one of the exhibit spaces in my museum, as it hasn't been updated in decades, and I was curious how long everyone waits before placing collection material back in the space? I was taught when constructing your own exhibit cases there is a six week wait period to allow the paint to off-gas. Is this the normal wait time for a larger exhibit hall as well? And does anyone know if there is a difference in the types of paint you choose that allow these times to fluctuate? Working under a time crunch for an upcoming fundraiser where I'd like to be able to unveil the space, but I'm not willing to put the collection at risk to do so. Curious about everyone's thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

-Keith

Keith L. Moore, MA

Director of Historic Resources & Education Programs

Heritage Sandy Springs

6110 Bluestone Road NE

Sandy Springs, GA 30328

404-851-1749