The Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Spring/Summer 2018 Courses for Heritage
 Interpreters and Museum Educators

Here is a sample of our heritage interpretation courses ready to go for spring and summer.  All of our courses are professional, college level heritage interpretation courses.  You can start the course at any time and complete the course at your own pace.  Courses are e-LIVE meaning your will communicate with your interpretive training coach when you would like to via e-mail, phone or SKYPE.

Visit the course web site page for course content.  Courses can also be designed for group or team participants.  Ask for details. If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact me.

All courses award CEU credits and certificates of completion.  Courses include text books, reference articles, YouTube video overview for each course unit, and live discussions with the course coach via e-mail, phone or SKYPE.   SKYPE lectures for larger groups is also available.

We offer 39 college level courses in all aspects of heritage interpretation planning, training, design, marketing and visitor studies/evaluation.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

Introduction to Heritage Interpretation Course. 14 Units - 2 CEU credits. $150.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/introduction_to_heritage_interpretation_course.html  This is our basic introductory course, great for new or seasonal interpretive staff or museum educators docents and volunteers.  This is the same course I taught at Ohio State Univ. and Michigan State University (John V.)

An introduction to planning and presenting live interpretive programs and tours for Museum/Heritage Site Docents and Volunteers. 12 Units - 1.5 CEU credits. $50.00  http://www.heritageinterp.com/_an_introduction_to_planning_and_presenting_live_i.html
This course is offered for museum volunteers and docents at a discount.

Developing Marketing Plans for Heritage Interpretation & Tourism Sites and Attractions.  12 Units, 4 CEU's $300.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/developing_marketing_plans_for_heritate__tourism_.html
If your visitation numbers are stagnant or dropping, you might want to re-visit your marketing plans to reflect a new mass customization or experience marketing strategy.

Planning/Designing Interpretive Panels e-LIVE Course - 10 Units awarding 1.5 CEU Credits $125.00  http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_panels_course.html   This is a great course to help you evaluate and re-energize your sites interpretive panels, writing new interpretive copy and developing new interpretive panels.

Planning Interpretive Trails e-LIVE Course - 13 Units - 2.5 CEU Credits $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_trails_course.html  Are you going to be planning new self-guiding interpretive trails or trail media?  This course will help you with trail planning and construction as well as developing new interpretive media for your trail.

Interpretive Writing e-LIVE Course - 8 Units and 2 CEU Credits $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_writing_course.html  Our most popular course, learn to create new powerful interpretive text for panels, exhibits or live program scripts.

Training for Interpretive Trainers e-LIVE Course - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/training_for_interp_trainers.html
Our popular course on how to develop an interpretive training program and skills to teach interpretive communications techniques to others.

Interpretive Master Planning - e-LIVE. 13 Units, 3 CEU Credits. $275.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_master_planning_course.html
Thinking of developing an interpretive master plan for your park or site?  This course will walk you through the process.  The course includes our interpretive planning text books and a copy of completed interpretive plans to use as a model.

Interpretive tour planning and delivery techniques for professional/commercial tour guides.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interp_for_commercial_tour_providers.html
11 Units, 2 CEU Credits - $200.00 Tuition
The course focuses on enhancing your current skills in planning and delivery of interpretive tours for both natural and cultural sites, and community interpretive tours.

For a list of our 39 college level heritage interpretation training courses have a visit at our course catalog web site: http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

All of our courses can be offered to teams or entire site staff at a large discount.  Ask for details.

Cheers,
John Veverka
Director
Heritage Interpretation Training Center