We have had the visitor place the card in an envelope with ‘security’ lining, seal it and sign across the flap. We put the envelope in the bottom of the cash drawer. The desk person never touched the card, worked well.

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kevin Schlesier
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 3:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Audio Tour Device Security

CAUTION: This email originated from an outside source. Do not click links or open attachments unless you know they are safe.

We have audio tour devices and are looking at ways to reduce the potential of guests walking out the door with them. In the heightened era of identity theft we are finding some guests hesitant to give us ID/Credit Cards to hold onto for return upon device return.

How are you all preventing audio tour devices from walking out the building?

Kevin

Kevin P. Schlesier

Director, Exhibits

NASCAR Hall of Fame

A Division of the Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority (CRVA)

400 East Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd | Charlotte, NC 28202

704-654-4461 | Mobile: 704.578.4418

www.NASCARHall.com

E-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law.