I beg to differ, Tod. Copyright is routinely transferred. Copyright, put simply, is the legal right to make copies. Authors (for example) transfer their copyrights to publishers all the time. You may transfer ownership and license separately without transferring copyright, but you can also most certainly transfer copyright.

Elizabeth
(also not a lawyer)