**Meet Your ARCS Board Members**
We’re pleased to start a new feature in our updates, introducing you to
ARCS Board members.  This month we would like to introduce you to Board
Member Jacqueline Cabrera.

I have been a registrar for over 25 years. After all this time I cannot
imagine having pursued any other career. As a registrar I have had the
opportunity to work on many interesting projects, from collection moves to
building renovations, collection rehousing projects and exhibitions. These
projects have introduced me to museum colleagues from all over the world,
many of whom I still keep in touch with on a personal level even after our
projects have concluded. I’ve traveled to many beautiful parts of the world
such as Egypt, Tunisia, and Greece just to name a few. I think the greatest
opportunity my career has allowed me is the ability to contribute to the
the creation of ARCS. I look forward to continue contributing to our
profession for many years to come and to keep traveling around the world
meeting many more museum colleagues.

**ARCS Bylaw Changes**
The ARCS board has updated our bylaws, creating the Treasurer Designate
position to allow for a smoother transition of the Treasurer position.
Michele Leopold is ARCS’ first Treasurer Designate and will become
treasurer at the June board meeting.  Updated bylaws can be found here-
https://www.arcsinfo.org/about/association-bylaws

**#ARCSChat March 6th @ 8pm EST**
In continuation last month’s discussions (https://twitter.com/i/
moments/962001358542069760) addressing the lack of diversity in the
collections management field, our next #ARCSChat will investigate gender
diversity as well as look at how we can reach out to underrepresented
communities with education and job opportunities. Again, we aim to empower
collections management communities to do what they can to address the
problem and to lobby institutional leadership for the resources to create a
more diverse staff.

To add another point of view to the conversation, This chat will be
co-moderated by Claire Kovacs, the director of the Augustana Teaching
Museum of Art at Augustana College and co-host of The Gallery Gap Podcast
@TheGalleryGap on NPR.

**Newsflash From A Member**
Are you an ARCS member who has recently won an award, published a book,
participated in something unique and out of the ordinary as part of your
professional life?  We want to hear from you!  Send an email to
[log in to unmask] with the subject line “Newsflash from a Member” and we
may include you in our biweekly updates.

**Important Dates**
March 6, 2018  8 PM EST #ARCSChat on Twitter. Participate and follow here-
https://twitter.com/arcs4all