My institution began in an historic home.  We currently use the interior of
the home as exhibition space.  A constant problem has been regulating
humidity levels in the galleries.  The windows of the home are leaded glass
and drafty.  After recently updating the humidifiers, we now are
experiencing condensation on the interiors of the windows of the old home.
We have the shades drawn to limit the light levels on the artwork residing
in the galleries, which is preventing the heat from warming the interiors
of the windows.  The condensation is forming between the shades and the
windows.

Does anyone have similar experiences with this problem?  I would appreciate
suggestions on how to insulate the windows without attaching anything to
the interior walls or exterior of the building.