“Interpreting Our Multicultural Past” is the theme for the 2018 conference
of the Association for Living History, Farm and Agricultural Museums
(ALHFAM), which will be held June 1-5, 2018, in Tahlequah, OK.

Museums and historic sites exist to tell a story. Each story, whether the
history of agriculture, traditional crafts, or foodways, is one of culture.
Our sites tell a story of how culture shaped people’s lives. Cultures are
enhanced, influenced, and changed by people moving in and out of regions.
An understanding of our multicultural history enables us to solve problems
in today’s world. In the heart of the Cherokee Nation, you will experience
an area formed by centuries of cultural diversity. We all have a cultural
story—come share yours in Tahlequah.

In keeping with the theme, the 2018 conference is being co-hosted by the
Cherokee Nation and the Oklahoma Historical Society. We encourage members
to submit proposals for workshops, panels, and presentations, keeping in
mind the theme of interpreting multicultural history. The deadline for
submitting a proposal is December 15, 2017.

To submit a proposal, complete the 2018 proposal form and email it to
[log in to unmask] with “ALHFAM Proposal” in the subject line. You
may also mail the form to Jennifer Frazee, George M. Murrell Home, 19479 E.
Murrell Home Rd., Park Hill, OK 74451.

The link to the proposal form is at
http://www.alhfam.org/2018-Annual-Conference.

Martha Katz-Hyman