From:
Jeremy Underwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2018 17:19:40 +0000
Monica,

I had the same issue while I was a Curator at a small museum. After consulting with colleagues, I sent new deeds to the donors with a letter explaining what happened. Honesty is the best policy, of course, and I think the donors really appreciated that. I think the donors were really happy that the museum was trying to turn itself around.

I also followed up the letters/deeds with phone calls to the donors. Some returned the deeds, some came back as return to sender, and some even returned with monetary donations. If I didn’t receive a reply, I put a note in their accession file with the date that I sent a letter and a brief description of the issue. For some donors, my letters were the first time anyone had engaged with them since their donation!

Jeremy

Jeremy Underwood | Account Executive

BUILDING FOUR FABRICATION

3555 Broad Street, Chamblee, GA 30341

direct | 404-551-4288 main | 404-551-4450