From:
Mark Driscoll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2018 11:05:59 -0600
Monica

We explored this a bit several years ago at the Alabama Historical
Commission (AHC), from which Iım retired. You can copyright a building;
owners of the Chrysler Building in Manhattan did so. The catch is that you
have to go after anybody violating your copyright in order to keep it.
Costly in time and money to do. Also, the majority of people and
organizations that might be making products from images of your building
are local; that was the case for AHC. So, you have to consider community
relations in your decision whether on not to copyright.

Mark Driscoll
Driscoll Design Inc.