From:
"Yearous, Jenny Dee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2019 20:28:32 +0000
Sorry if I came off as being too negative.  Our experiences were positive and very good publicity for us. But a show like Pickers, where they have bought items from private museums, the situation is a little different and I just want to make sure that any museum thinking of inviting them is aware of the possible down side to having a show like that at their museum.  Public perceptions, even when wrong, can cause a lot of problems for any museum.  The last thing any of us want or need to for someone to misunderstand the Pickers visit as them buying from your collection, the museum's reputation could be ruined by that.

Jenny Yearous

Curator of Collections Management

State Historical Society of North Dakota