From:
David Uy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:51:41 -0500
CAMDC is a new, national museum in development and expected to open in early 2020. The mission of the Chinese American Museum of Washington DC (CAMDC) is to advance the understanding, knowledge, and appreciation of the Chinese American experience by highlighting shared cultural exchanges and stories of the spirit, resilience, and contributions of Chinese Americans throughout our past, present, and future.

The museum is seeking a personable, detail-oriented, and technology savvy individual to serve as an assistant to the Executive Director and Chief Curator, undertaking responsibilities that focus on communication, marketing, and development projects. The Assistant reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Board of Directors, staff, and Advisory Boards. This is a full-time position with a unique opportunity to play a visible and significant role in the development and launch of a new museum and program.

Essential Functions

•	Research for marketing, content and development
•	Learn and help implement a new Customer Relations Management (CRM) database, including data entry, running reports and queries
•	Support marketing/donor relations through indirect means (research, mailings, emails, phone calls, etc.)
Conduct outreach and follow-up, including mailing prospect kits and scheduling meetings
•	Prepare receipts and acknowledgment letters for all gifts. Assist with planning, creative process, and organization of programs and events
•	Coordinate, schedule, and execute content for the museum’s web site and social media platforms
•	Other job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications
•	Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Business, Museum Studies, or related field (Preferred: Master’s degree or equivalent and strong interest in Asian-American studies)
•	Demonstrated experience working with Customer Relations Management system (e.g., NeonCRM, Salesforce)
•	Demonstrated education or relevant experience in museum operations, marketing and fundraising
•	Experience with marketing tools including Google Analytics and Adwords
•	Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
•	Highly organized and detail oriented
•	Ability to work independently and enjoy working in a team environment
•	Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
•	Communicate with discretion, confidentiality, and tact
•	Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, with superior knowledge of social media platforms
Working Conditions
Office environment, standard hours.

Terms
This is a full-time, permanent position.

To Apply
Send your CV or resume with cover letter to [log in to unmask] NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.

The Chinese American Museum Foundation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.

ABOUT THE MUSEUM

The Chinese American Museum in Washington, DC (CAMDC) is a bold undertaking, currently underway, to establish a new, national museum to collect, preserve, exhibit, and lead a meaningful, positive dialogue on the Chinese American experience—its history, culture, and contributions to our country and the world.

The Chinese American Museum will serve as a:
-	steward and historian of the Chinese American experience
-	cultural center (physically and virtually)
-	knowledge leader
-	champion for a positive discourse on the Chinese American legacy
-	central resource for Chinese American stories and information
-	highlight shared cultural exchanges between America and China

With our newly acquired building in the heart of Washington, DC, the museum will serve to positively impact people from all backgrounds, across the country and abroad through relevant collections, exhibits, online experiences, educational programs, and events. In addition to offering a high-quality physical museum destination, we strive to be an interactive museum and content source that extends beyond our physical walls to encourage an ongoing conversation and visitor experience.

History, Mission, and Vision
The Chinese American Museum Foundation, a Washington DC based 501(c)3 non-profit organization, was incorporated under the District of Columbia’s Business Organizations Code on June 6, 2017.

The museum’s mission is to advance the understanding, knowledge, and appreciation of the Chinese American experience by highlighting shared cultural exchanges and stories of the spirit, resilience, and contributions of Chinese Americans throughout our past, present, and future.

Our vision is to build a community around a continuous dialogue illustrating how Chinese Americans, culture, contributions, and potential are all an important part of the American fabric. We seek to work with organizations, museums, experts, and leadership across the country to tell the Chinese American story on DC’s national stage.