ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tukuma rajona TIC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:31:38 +0200

Dear Allissandra Cummins,
ICMS and my colleagues in the Czech Republic have been following the
disaster in South Asia. I sent your letter to all ICMS members with an
apeal for any help. Further more, by my letter (on Tuesday) I have also
asked all the Czech state museums - some of them were affected by floods
in 2002 - for special attention and possible material help (devices
which have remained after floods or special machines which are recently
not useful for them anymore). With president of the ICOM Czech National
Committee Ms Katka Tlachova, I have also discussed the possible finacial
help for museums. However, there is not much money left at the end of
this year, but we will try to arrange something at the beginning of the
comming year.
But of course, we need actual information on the status of affected
museums in the region.
I will keep you informed.
Thank you for all your hard work in 2004.
But believe in 2005.
Pavel Jirasek
ICMS Chairman
Director
Dept. of Movable Cultural Heritage, Museums and Galleries
Ministry of Culture
Czech Republic