ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Paul T Werner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:18:55 -0400
There seems to be a second imperative underlying this question: is
ICOM to function as an organization representing museum professionals,
or one representing museums as institutions? In light of the
inevitable tensions between the two it might be worth while to
consider the long-range direction implied by an acceptance or
rejection of this proposal.

Paul T Werner, PhD
http://theorangepress.com

Forthcoming: "Museum, Inc.: Notes from the Global Art World" (Prickly
Paradigm Press).