ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Walter KOCH <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ICOM Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 10:49:36 +0200
>Yes, it might be a good idea to have closer contacts between museum
>documentation centres. CIDOC has had a Working Group on Information Centres
>I would be interested to hear opinions of the ICOM membership as to what
>kind of contact the museum documentation centres or information centres (or
>libraries) would like to establish. If CIDOC can be of help there, we could
>see what the Information Centres WG could do.

CIDOC should play a leading in role in implemeting this idea and Cultural
Heritage Informatics might be an outstanding topic to be discussed. Eg the
recent meta data discussions (DC) should be made more transparent within the
CIDOC group.

W.Koch
*  Dr.Walter KOCH                                                   *
*  JOANNEUM RESEARCH                                                *
*  Institute for Information Management                             *
*  Hans-Sachs-Gasse 14/3; A-8010 Graz/Austria/Europe                *
*  TEL: +43(316)811210-0 FAX: +43(316)811210-30 GSM:+43.664.3556521 *
*  e-mail: [log in to unmask]  ([log in to unmask])   *
*  NDSNET-Medical Project: http://ima023.joanneum.ac.at/ndsnet      *
*  IMDAS- Museum  Project: http://ima023.joanneum.ac.at/imdas       *
*  Member of ICOM: http://ima023.joanneum.ac.at/ceicom              *