ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Chair ICOM Europe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:02:21 +0100
ICOM Europe Tour and Conference 2010
Topic:Respecting Cultural Heritage for Our Common Future
Time:  October 30 to November 5, 2010
Locationsin China:  Xian, Loyang, Kaifung (3Ancient Capitals) and Zhengzhou
InCooperation with ICOM China and ICOM Germany

The ICOMEurope Tour and Conference 2010 will take place in China from October 30 toNovember 5, 2010 and intends to foster the dialogue between European andChinese museums on the topic of “Respecting Cultural Heritage for Our CommonFuture”. It is our great pleasure to organize this tour in cooperationwith ICOM China on the occasion of the General Conference of ICOM in Shanghai (Nov.7 to Nov. 12)  and together with thedistinctive institutions of Cultural Heritage in the Chinese provinces of Shaanxiand Henan. The tour and conference is also being supported by ICOM Germany andthe program of the German Foreign Ministry “China and Germany – In Actiontogether”. Museums play an important role in communicating the respect forcultural heritage in the process of global modernization and urbanization.Therefore examples of good practice by Chinese and European museums will bepresented and discussed.
European ICOM members, who wish to apply for the tour andconference are asked to hand in a one-page paper and a series of photographies(max. 5) about their museum or a relevant museum project that they wish topresent at the conference by March 15, 2010. (Format: Power-Point as PDF) Theparticipants will be chosen by the ICOM Europe Board aiming to present a broadvariety of highly qualified museums from different European countries. Adetailed program will be available on our website by the end of February. Theregistration fee is 150 Euros. The expenses for the tour will be approximately500 Euros, including the flights from Peking to Xian and from Zhengzhou toShanghai. All flight reservations will be made on an individual basis. Groundtransportation (bus) and hotel reservations are being provided by our localpartners. Two travel grants for European ICOM-members under 35 are available.Please send your applications together with a short 6-line CV to:
Dr. U