ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
"E.Mizushima" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2011 11:48:26 +0900
Dear my colleagues, Dear my friends,

This is second report on Japanese current situations.

After sending e-mail to you through ICOM-L and personal e-mail address, I received over 50 feedback e-mails with encouragement from all over the world.

Thank you very much indeed. We can survive with your hearty e-mails.

I transferred all e-mails of yours to Japanese museum colleagues and to Japanese association and also to several museological society.

These remind us that we are absolutely not isolated.

At the moment, we can not go enter into the tragic sites for emergency helps, because the transportation system has not yet recovered.

Therefore I am now gathering the informations with several groups.

Later, I will report about the damage to all of you.

I hit upon an idea about foreign scholars or sightseeing visitors, students from abroad in that regions, I am so anxious about your colleagues or your friends in Japan.

If you know your acquaintance in Japan, please let them know about the safety.

There are several information resources as follows;

Japan earthquake how to protect yourself

http://nip0.wordpress.com/

Foreigner Support Manual of Disaster

Engkish

http://www.tokyo-icc.jp/information/pdf/qa_en.pdf

Chinese

http://www.tokyo-icc.jp/information/pdf/qa_ch.pdf

Korean

http://www.tokyo-icc.jp/information/pdf/qa_ko.pdf

English live NEWS from NHK World for Foreigners reside in Japan

http://jibtv.com/program/?page=0

English live NEWS from The Japan Times Online

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/

More real-time information & guideance will be provided in our new site

Japan Earthquake Multilanguage Support Site http://nip0.jimdo.com/

News on the earthquake is on NHK Radio

 http://h.hatena.com/herbe/243597512623822452

Safety confirmation websites:
http://savejapan.simone-inc.com/
http://japan.person-finder.appspot.com/?lang=ja

â–¼Google earthquake information page can be useful too.

http://www.google.co.jp/intl/en/crisisresponse/japanquake2011.html

After gathering the information about museums in that regions and cultural / natural heritages, I will report to you.

Once again we appreciate for your e-mails with many genuine supports.

Dr. Eiji Mizushima

Prof. Tokiwa University

ICOM Japan