ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Per Bjorn Rekdal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:37:08 +0100
To the presidents and officers of ICOM's international committees (ICs) and
the "theme"-based (not regional) affiliated organizations (AOs):

At the Advisory's meeting in June this year I was elected representative
for the ICs in relation to ICOM's general conference in Seoul in 2004.
Since the challenges meeting those of the AOs intending to have sessions in
Seoul are of the same character as those of the ICs, I will also try to
look after the interests of the AOs.

A)
I have been asked to make a note on the type of facilities that ought to be
offered to the ICs and AOs in Seoul. Input from you will be highly
appreciated - and will of course benefit you in 2004.

B)
As informed in the message from Jongsok KIM, you will soon receive the name
and address of your IC's/AO's contact person for the conference. My advice
is to establish contact with this person already very early in 2003, for
two reasons:
1) Reaching a mutual understanding on your IC's/AO's work and intentions on
the one side and the contact person's vision of what you need and what
he/she can offer in Korea on the other side, generally takes much time.
Additionally, it is not a bad thing to be early in reserving certain
facilities for your IC/AO at the times most suitable for you.
2) For a variety of good reasons sometimes a mutual understanding is not
reached. If you need another contact person, better do the change early
than late.

Kind regards

Per B. Rekdal
President ICME

Per B. Rekdal
Prosjektleder
Kompetanseutvikling for medarbeidere i kulturinstitusjoner
  - omstilling til et multikulturelt samfunn

Prosjektsekretariat:
Norsk museumsutvikling
P.b.8045 Dep.
0030 Oslo

Tel. 21 02 17 15
Fax 23 23 94 41
E-post: [log in to unmask]

Prosjektet er finansiert av Nordisk ministerråd,
NordBok og Nordisk museumskomité.