ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cary Karp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cary Karp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 16:55:35 +0100
The members of ICOM-L can personally determine the scope of the
material that they receive via the list. The primary application
of this is currently to permit those list members who only wish
to receive official announcements of ICOM's activities to limit
the messages that they receive to those that are prefixed with
ANNOUNCE: on the Subject line. This is the device that has been
used to merge the ICOM-ANNOUNCE list with ICOM-L.

Similar functionality has also been provided to allow for the
selective posting and receipt of material according to language.
At present ENG and FRE are supported and additional languages can
be added as need arises. The language issue will be one of the
subjects of discussion that I will shortly attempt to introduce
on the list unless someone else beats me to it.

In the interim, if you had previously limited the scope of your
list membership to the receipt of announcements and wish to be
able to participate in the broader discussion, please send a
message to [log in to unmask] containing the following
command:

      SET ICOM-L TOPICS: ALL

If you wish to restrict the scope of your participation in the
list to announcements, only, send a message to the same address
with the command:

      SET ICOM-L TOPICS: ANNOUNCE

Please do *not* address these commands to me.

This is the last administrative announcement that will be made
about the modifications to ICOM-L. (Whew :-)

Cary Karp <[log in to unmask]>