ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Joëlle Thibet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:00:59 +0200
Dear Colleagues,

The attendance of our Colleagues from all continents to our General
Conference is one of the major concerns of the Executive Council. For all
Triennial General Conferences a Travel Grants programme is proposed for ICOM
museum professionals from developing countries, countries in transition and
countries with non-convertible currencies.

The criteria for granting Travel Grants as well as deadlines to be met by
the Candidates are published well in advance in ICOM News and on ICOM’s
Website. It is also sent via ICOM-L and ADCOM-L distribution lists.

A total of 126 requests from  Africa, Asia & Pacific, Europe & Eastern
Europe,  Latin America and the Caribbean, were received before the deadline
of August 1st, 2006, as stated in the criteria form.

In December 2006, a Selection Committee for awarding Travel Grants, composed
of members from the Executive Council, Representatives of the Advisory
Committee, and Representatives from the 2007 Organising Committee (assisted
by the Secretariat) met during the 110th Session of the Executive Council,
in Paris (France). The Selection Committee has awarded 54 Travel Grants for
the 2007 General Conference: 17 grantees from Africa; 12 grantees from Asia
& Pacific; 10 grantees from Eastern Europe and 5 grantees from Latin America

We fully agree that amounts allocated might not be sufficient from our
Colleagues. However, Council also decided in 2006, to launch special project
assistance within ICOM’s 60th Anniversary: Grant awarded for Mentoring Young
Professionals Project. This programme will enable the participation of 43
Youth museum professionals so far,  to the General Conference. Regrettably,
despite several reminders, few members from Africa applied for supporting
Young professionals in their countries.

Therefore ICOM did its best to give support within its financial capacity to
assist our colleagues. We will be at their disposal should they feel we can
further assist in this regard.

We received requests from members from Africa, for assistance with their
local cultural authority to explain the importance of their participation
and representation at the ICOM General Conference. We are willing to assist
when needed.

We remain at your disposal should you need any further explanation.

Piet Pouw

ICOM Secretariat

See you  in Vienna for the 21st General Conference, 19-24 August 2007!

Rendez-vous à Vienne pour la XXIe Conférence générale du 19 au 24 août 2007
!

¡Encontrémonos en Viena para la 21a Conferencia General del 19 al 24 de
agosto del 2007!

http://2007.icom.museum <http://2007.icom.museum/>