ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 14:13:11 +0000
EMYA 2014 - the event you should not miss

We are delighted to invite you to the European Museum Forum Annual Assembly and European Museum of the Year Award Ceremony 2014, held in Tallinn, Estonia on 14-17 May. During these days, we will have the great pleasure of introducing the best European museums, as well as our diverse cultural heritage. Come and see the excellence of the European museum scene in our professional and friendly atmosphere and take part in the interesting programmes we have prepared.

We are starting with Ecult Dialogue Day, with a programme bearing the title Creating the Magic:Matching Culture and IC. The aim is to identify the technological requirements of museums and cultural heritage owners and present existing technology solutions addressing such needs. Panels and the audience will discuss approaches and processes. Join in and explore the possibilities (the programme is free of charge). The Ecultvalue project is supported by the European Union 7th Framework Support Action Programme and the main objective is to encourage cooperation between museums and ICT, since the whole range of new possibilities for development involves synergies between the two sectors.

The entire EMYA event is supported by the Ministry of Culture of Estonia and includes partnership with ICOM. We do recommend you not miss the event since it is a wonderful opportunity to see dozens of nominated candidates for the most prestigious European prizes. Inspiring stories, wonderful museums and challenging solutions that museum professionals have found to make their museums shine: a worthwhile place to be.

On Saturday morning the European Museum Forum and the Council of Europe are jointly organizing a panel with directors of the past winners of the Council of Europe Museum Prize (2000-2013), and we have also chosen speakers who will address the audience on the International Museum Day theme in cooperation with ICOM.

The Award Ceremony will take place on Saturday evening and the night will be long, since on the same day you will be able to experience Annual Museum Night in one the greatest art museums of Europe.

You are therefore cordially invited to attend the entire EMYA ceremony and you can find all of the details on the web site http://www.emya2014.eu/

Goranka Horjan
Chair of the EMF Board

Registration now open
[www.emya2014.eu]Special prices available only until 2 March
Check out the full programme
eCult Dialogue Day programme  available now!
We would greatly appreciate your sharing
the invitation amongst your contact list.