ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Chair ICOM Europe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:25:31 +0200
ICOM EuropeTour and Conference 2010
Topic:Respecting Cultural Heritage for Our Common Future
Time:  October 30 to November 5, 2010
Locationsin China:  Xi’an, Luoyang, Kaifeng (3Ancient Capitals) and Zhengzhou
InCooperation with ICOM China and ICOM Germany

The ICOMEurope Tour and Conference 2010 will take place in China from October 30 toNovember 5, 2010 and intends to foster the dialogue between European andChinese museums on the topic of ‘Respecting Cultural Heritage for Our CommonFuture’. It is our great pleasure to organize this tour in cooperation withICOM China on the occasion of the General Conference of ICOM in Shanghai (Nov.7 to Nov. 12)  and together with thedistinctive institutions of Cultural Heritage in the Chinese provinces of Shaanxiand Henan. The tour and conference is also being supported by ICOM Germany andthe program of the German Foreign Ministry “China and Germany – In Actiontogether”. Museums play an important role in communicating the respect forcultural heritage in the process of global modernization and urbanization.Therefore examples of good practice by Chinese and European museums will bepresented and discussed.

EuropeanICOM members, who wish to apply for the tour and conference are asked to handin a one-page paper and a series of photographies (max. 5) about their museumor a relevant museum project that they wish to present at the conference by May15, 2010. (Format: Power-Point as PDF) The participants should present a broadvariety of highly qualified museums from different European countries. Adetailed program is available on our website. The registration fee is 150Euros. The expenses for the tour will be approximately 500 Euros, including theflights from Peking to Xi’an and from Zhengzhou to Shanghai. All flightreservations will be made on an individual basis. Ground transportation (bus)and hotel reservations are being provided by our local partners. Two travelgrants for European ICOM-members under 35 are available. Please send yourapplications together with a short 6-line CV to:
chair@icom-eu