ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Leonard Will <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 09:17:15 +0100
In message <021001c1ddde$e120dcb0$8de3e740@cr805216a> on Sat, 6 Apr
2002, Lynne Teather <[log in to unmask]> wrote
>I wonder if the UK even with its high percentage of post-grad museum
>studies/etc. opportunities records a high membership in ICOM, and if so to
>which committee are they affiliated? I don't see them at ICTOP? Mr. Will
>you will know this I'm sure.

We have nearly 500 individual members and 40 institutional members of
ICOM in the UK. Our data on international committee membership is not
definitive, because members join ICs by contacting the Secretariat
direct, not through the National Committee. (It is unfortunate that all
national and international committees have to maintain their own
databases and mailing lists, duplicating information held in Paris,
because the central database can not yet be accessed or updated through
the Internet.)

We ask our members what ICs they have joined and, though their memories
are sometimes unreliable, our records show that there were 35 members of
ICTOP, broken down as follows:

        Institutional   Individual

Voting          1               11
Non-voting      4               19

Patrick may be able to estimate numbers of potential members to compare
with these figures.

Leonard Will
--
Dr Leonard D Will, Membership Secretary, ICOM UK
27 Calshot Way, Enfield, Middlesex, EN2 7BQ, UK