ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Giovanni Pinna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 23:51:27 +0200
As the French Committee, also the italian committee of Icom is
institutional member of the Italian Unesco Committee.
I read with interest the contribution of  George Okello Abungu
concerning the rich african  intangible heritage and I am convinced  of
the importance of the museums' action in safeguard, collect and
preservation of such foundamental part of the world memory.  On the
other side I believe that Icom will play an important role if he will
theorize a plan of action for museums in the field of intangible
heritage, studying  strategies by means of national and international
committees,  of a specific Working Group ( it will be nice, I think, to
start with scientific or cultural working Groups) or of our very active
General Secretary, with the ultimate aims of suggesting concrete
actions to museums.

Giovanni Pinna

nteresting e nella in p.

Marted́, 12 ago 2003, alle 11:11 Europe/Rome, Van-Praet Michel ha