ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cary Karp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ICOM Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:27:16 +0200
A search facility has been installed on the ICOM Web site.
Although fully functional, I'd like to have it tested a bit
before placing a link to it on the welcome page. ICOM-L members
are hereby invited to put the thing through its paces. Please
address your commentary to the list unless you are certain that
the only person who could possibly be interested is myself.

In addition to the test, the user interface requires a bit of
customization. When all this has been taken care of, the welcome
page will be modified and the new service formally announced.
Initially, the facility will only be available on the main site
but I suspect that at least some of the mirror sites will also be
able to provide it. Although the underlying software package is
in English, there should be no particular difficulty in creating
a French interface once the installation has been finalized.

The ICOM search engine is located at http://www.icom.org/search/

Please do not spread word of its existence until the above
mention details have been dispatched.

 --

Cary Karp <[log in to unmask]>