ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Wall, Barbara" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:00:12 -0400
Mr. Gary Edson

DEFINITION OF MUSEUM

From :  Pierre Mayrand  [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
(between June 20 and August 4)

Dear Collegue,

MINOM is considering creating a discussion group on terminology, according
to its specifications.  The definition of "museum" should be at its agenda.
We had former discussinos on distinctive approaches to community museum,
territorial museum, social museology, ecomuseum and ecomuseology.  I am
sending copy of this mail to our board members and associate correspondants
inviting them to join your discussion group.

Best regards

Pierre Mayrand
Secrétaire général, MINOM
Réseau du parc culturel de la Haute-Beauce
Centre international de formation écomuséale

Note :  I will try to retrace my own definitions.

c.c. :  Raul Mendez
        Mario Moutinho
        Odalice Priosti
        J.-F. Leclerc