ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
"C. BONOMI" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 17:21:18 +0200
-----Message d'origine-----
De?: xiangyi li [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Envoy¨¦?: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 5:13 AM
¨¤?: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Objet?: ???¡ä¡êo New ICOM Web Site

Dear all,
    I like the new web very much ,it is much more
vividly than before ,and the news are much more
clear,but shall we have a forum on it where all the
people can login in it to discuss about the ICOM
questions?
    Looking forward to the new one!

--- "C. BONOMI" <[log in to unmask]>дµÀ:

> Dear ICOM-L subscribers,
> As advanced during the Advisory Council meeting held
> in Paris last June, our
> new website is ready, with all information having
> been migrated to the new
> structure. Nonetheless, since there might be a
> number of hitches that might
> have eluded us, we are presenting it as a link to
> the old website for a test
> period of 21 days, during which our web master,
> Carla Bonomi,
> [log in to unmask], will appreciate receiving any
> observations, comments,
> suggestions that you might have to help us improve
> this updated version of
> our internet communication tool. Please check
> http://icom.museum/new/index.html
> After August 15 ICOM’s home page will be the
> newly-designed one.
> Thank you,
> John S. Zvereff
> Secretary General
>
> In redesigning the ICOM web site we wanted to keep
> the original idea of
> allowing good accessibility.
> The ICOM site has been, therefore, re-designed to
> facilitate the
> navigation and to become more user friendly.
> Nonetheless, we refrained from
> making use of any plug-ins, maintaining a certain
> simplicity and possibly a
> certain rapidity in
> downloading. We tried to improve the look of the
> site, while limiting, as in
> the old web site, the use of images.
> The left navigation bar is divided into different
> setions, each dedicated to
> an ICOM body and /or to a field of activity.
> This same bar allows users to easily navigate the
> site, having almost all
> information always at hand.
> A Sort of "General Tool Box" (in orange) is
> available at the bottom of the
> navigation bar.
> We kept the Object-id, the Disaster Relief for
> Museums, and the Red Lists
> Web Sites as satellite web sites with their special
> identity.
> There is much more to discover!
> We encourage you to navigate the entire web site and
> to report possible
> errors.
> The site is still on a "beta" (test) version and
> needs additional polishing,
> which we will accomplish with your input and
> assistance.
> I would like to thank Thibaud Defecques for his
> precious help in migrating
> the site.
> Carla Bonomi
> Webmaster

> search the
> archives at:
> http://home.ease.lsoft.com/archives/icom-l.html

Li Xiangyi
President of China Association of Natural Museums
                and Science and Technology Museums
Address:Rm.1001 Bldg.10 Taiyueyuan District
        No.12 Zhichun RD. Haidian District
        Beijing
Code:100088
TEL:+86 10 820 59 245