ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Valerie Jullien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 05:07:11 +0200
SAMP (Swedish African Museum Programme*) Next General Meeting

We invite all SAMP museums and affiliated museums in Africa and Sweden to
attend SAMP General meeting to be held in Tolagnaro, Madagascar, from 25
April to 30 April 2001

and based on the theme " Listen to the ancestors speaking to the future"

This theme follows our two general meetings in August 1997 in Swaziland "
Society´s needs for SAMP-projects" and in August 1998 in Sweden " Museums
without walls".
At the meeting in Madagascar we would like to identify relevant
communication methods to be used by museum professionals in their work with
their communities in order to reach a sustainable management of our Heritage
( natural and cultural).
If you are interested to participate in this meeting in April 2001 please
choose one of the following topics for your contribution
*	museums and languages (texts in exhibitions, vernacular languages,
official languages... )
*	museums and nature ( conservation of endemic species ...)
*	museums communicate with the young ( new media to involve the
young...)
*	museums and site management (communities involvement...)

Your contribution is essential for this meeting because of your experience.
However the number of participants is limited of budgetary and
organisational reasons, therefore we would like to have a first draft of
your contribution, not more than half a page, at latest the 15 August 2000.

The selection of participants will take place as soon as we have received
your contribution, and the participants will receive a confirmation and a
detailed programme.
Looking forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

J.A Rakotoarisoa                                         Elisabet Olofsson
Musée d´Art et d'Archéologie                      SAMP coordinator
Host museum  SAMP 2001
Antananarivo, Madagascar

Coordination:
Please send your first contribution to
Elisabet Olofsson, SAMP coordinator,
email [log in to unmask]  fax 46 8 7148123
or post -  Duvnasgatan 1, 5th floor
SE- 116 34 Stockholm, Sweden

* SAMP is a programme of the Swedish National Committee of ICOM
(ICOM-Sweden)