ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ICOM Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:48:19 +0100
Cary/Milton:

Milton's comment re international committee descriptions (below) shows
just how important both the new search facility and better "home page"
indexing (not yet done) are.

The International Committee descritpions were first put together by
Eloisa, Valerie J. and me, and put on the ICOM web site around the
beginning of 1996, as part of the build up to the 50th Anniversary of ICOM
and the current version (which Milton has been able to find at last,
thanks to the search engine) has in fact been there in its present form
(except for some updates) for two and a half years (since April 1997).

Unfortunately, only those exploring (or curious about) what might be
lurking under "ICOM General Document Repositories" ever found it.  I know
that we don't want an opening page that's too big for those with limited
Internet access and old machines to open (and some of us still feel a bit
bruised after the protests over the original web version of the AFRICOM
Documentation Standards).  However, I suspect that the home page could be
rather more detailed without making it so big that it becomes difficult to
access.

Patrick