ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 12:49:52 +0100
Colleagues:

I heard over the weekend from one of our ICTOP members (who is also a
Board member of AAM-ICOM) that he beleives that not a single American
member of ICOM has received the Barcelona General Conference invitation,
programme and booking form yet, and there have been similar reports from
some other parts of the world.

We have been assured that these were mailed out to every ICOM member on
March 1st, but if you have still not received this mailing I can only
suggest that you do two things immediately: (1) inform either individually
or as a National Committee both the ICOM Secretariat in Paris and the
Barcelona Organising Committee and (2) try to down-load this information
and the booking forms from the Barcelona organising committee's web site
<http://www.icom2001barcelona.org>.

Note that it is best to click on the "no frames" option on the home page
before you chose your preferred language (English, French, Spanish or
Catalan are available): in my experience you may otherwise have difficulty
in printing off the forms.

Be warned that the deadline for "early bird" bookings at the reduced
registration fee of 61,000 Spanish pesetas (about US. $325) is now only 2
weeks away (30 April), after which the registration fee rises to 70,000
pesetas (around $373). Also, the deadline for cancelling hotel bookings
made through the Barcelona organising committee is 15 May.

Patrick Boylan
Chairperson, ICOM-ICTOP