ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Günther Dembski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:48:56 +0100
Dear participants of this discussion group!
Since weeks I try to do my best and to follow the discussions. It is not
always easy to follow long statements sometimes agreements sometimes new
ideas etc. As some of you noticed  and as I also can feel, it is easier
for English native speakers as for us - therefore beg your pardon for
mistakes! And also not easy with french and what's with Spanish?
As I can see, there is a very important possibility to bring in ideas
 what can and should be a museum, but this ideas come steadily as
answers - like my statement here - or proposals to be answered. What I
am missing are the steps forward (I have the feeling we all are going in
a circle, could be quicker and quicker) and such steps only can be made,
if somebody is the head of the discussion who gives after a certain time
of incoming ideas the results, who makes a statement and asks further
questions about things which are not clear enough and who fixes the
others as mostly accepted. Therefore I would ask the inventor and
starter of this discussion list (I am keen or silly enough to say, that
in the moment I do not know a name) to control and drive the discussion
to a useful and acceptable result.

I wish all of you a good, healthy, successful New Year 2004, in which
the General Conference in Seoul will be the highlight for the ICOM community
your Günther Dembski (for all who do not know me: Chair of ICOM Austria,
Vice chair of ICOM Advisory)