ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
ICOM Russia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2014 16:17:15 +0400
International conference “Museum and Politics”

On 25 – 27 of April 2014 International conference “Museum and
Politics” Organizing committee held a work meeting in
Saint-Petersburg. Main tasks of our meeting were: examine all venues
for the conference, make decisions on papers that will become part of
the program.
We have received 147 abstracts for the conference from all over the
world and during the meeting we have selected 71 papers for the
plenary and sectional meetings during the conference part in
Saint-Petersburg (09 – 12 of September). As well we have decided to
hold four parallel during the sectional day of the conference:
•	Museums and Foreign Policy
•	Museums and Society Development
•	Museums and “hard” History
•	Museums and Internal Politics.
Also for the Yekaterinburg part (13 – 14 of September) of the
conference we have selected 18 papers that will become a basis for the
plenary session and two sections:
•	Industrial heritage preservation
•	Museum and regional development
Besides USA, Germany and Russia we will have papers from: Albania,
Armenia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Benin, Bosnia Herzegovina,
Cameroon, Canada, China, Finland, Greece, Indonesia, Israel, Italy,
The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Qatar, Serbia, South Africa, Sweden,
and Taiwan.
Final variant of the conference program will be announced in June!

Plenary session of the conference will be held in the recently renewed
General Staff Building of the State Hermitage Museum, which has got
its 250-years anniversary in 2014. As well during the conference all
participants will visit main exposition of the State Hermitage. Also
during the conference we will have the unique possibility to
participate in the opening ceremony of the newest part of the State
Hermitage depository.
Sectional meetings will be held in museums of Saint-Petersburg:
•	The State museum of the political history of Russia
•	The State museum of the history of Religion
•	A. S. Popov central post and communication museum
•	Museum of history of Saint-Petersburg
Each of these museums is unique in its kind: the only museum devoted
to all religions in Russia, the first museum of political history in
Russia (1919), the oldest museum of post and communication (1872) and
the museum devoted to the history of the most beautiful city in the
world.

You could register for the conference on the conference Website -
http://museumandpolitics.ru/en/. As well on the Website you could pay
registration fees, book a hotel and flights and pay all services using
system of online payments.

Organizing committee

--
Executive Directorate ICOM Russia\ Исполнительная дирекция ИКОМ России +7
(495) 951 0408