ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Edson, Gary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:34:34 -0500
Dear ICOM Colleagues,

I commend Robert Spickler for assuming the interim directorial role for ICOM. I believe he will do an excellent job and carry forward the work initiated by Piet Pouw during his year long service is interim Secretary General. The future of ICOM is strong and it is constantly reinforcing its preeminent position in the world. It is of the utmost importance that the new Director General is a person with the intellect, vision, and motivation to help guide the organization into the future. Careful consideration of all candidates for this critical position is imperative and the time invested prior to selection of the most qualified person will result in a more viable future of ICOM.

As a further note: Considering the stellar work of Piet J. M. Pouw during the past year as interim Secretary General and his other services to the organization, I encourage all National and International Committees to nominate him for recognition as an Honorary Member of ICOM. Piet came out of retirement (pension) after a successful career as a professor and director of the Reinwardt Academy in Amsterdam to accept the challenges of ICOM. Before accepting that responsibility, he was Treasurer of ICOM, Chair of ICTOP, and an active member of the Ethics Committee. Few of our members had given more time, energy, and dedication to ICOM.

I believe he has more than earned our respect and recognition as an Honorary Member.

Respectfully,
Gary Edson