ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mario Bucolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2007 16:28:20 +0200
Dear Patrick and all other colleagues, first of all many thanks for the
interaction around this proposal. The discussion is primarily useful to be
aware on all the different initiative, committee, organization etc that
operate in the area, about that many of others colleagues aren't aware.
Patrick, I born and I live in the middle of Mediterranean, in Catania, under
the Mt Etna (if someone want picture of the last night eruption please don't
hesitate to contact me, I spend all the night on the Volcano) and I now how
Mediterranean people are different from the rest of Europe, also Europe is
now a very wide concept, with many different problems and too many countries
involved. Mediterranean environment is more near to Arab and Africa in many
aspect than the rest of Europe.

I also read some comment about the usefulness of small
initiative/organization. It is true, but on the counterpart there is the
difficult to reach a broad audience...where in our sector broad don't mean
too many people, but where small...mean less then 100 person, when lucky.
If the discussion will forward about the idea of Icom-Mediterranean, this
entity will have sense only if work as aggregator of the professional
activity in the area (a part all things to do as a regional alliance), it
must run based on the latest IT tools to share cooperation, social
cooperation etc. Just in Vienna I speech about the opportunity the web offer
to improve cooperation.
How many information are now out of the box during this discussion?
But...where our colleagues in the area can easily catch all this info? How
many colleagues don't have the chance to participate to many of interesting
initiative or committee?

Thanks again to all for attention and interaction.

Mario

--
Mario Bucolo (experience designer)

www.abis.it