ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carla BONOMI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2012 18:25:00 +0200
Dear ICOM colleagues,

Among its other activities ICOM Finland has over 20 years administrated a national museum prize.

During this year we have started negotiations with the national Museums Association about future co-operation to raise the visibility and importance of the award.

For this purpose, I would very much appreciate hearing about other annual museum prizes awarded by the national ICOM committees. It would help us a lot to develop our activities if we could get answers to following questions:

-          Is your national ICOM committee awarding a museum prize either alone or with partners?

o   If not, is there another party in your country awarding museums annually?

o   If with partners, what is your division of roles?

-          Is there several categories of the award, if so which?

-          What is the actual prize?

-          What are the criteria for the prize?

-          Can you describe shortly the key steps / the process of electing the winner?

-          Are you satisfied with your activity as it is, or is there a current need to develop it?

I would be glad to receive any links to the websites promoting your national museum award.

Depending on the amount of response that I get from you, I could try to summarize this information also to those who are interested in it.

I would very much appreciate in getting your answers at 10th August latest.

With best wishes,

Carina Jaatinen
ICOM Finland, Chair
ICEE, Board member

Head of Exhibitions
Espoo City Museum
PL / PB / PO BOX    3250
02070 Espoon kaupunki / Esbo Stad

Tel: +358 (0)50 5415114

www.espoonkaupunginmuseo.fi

__________ Information provenant d'ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version de la base des signatures de virus 7252 (20120627) __________

Le message a ?t? v?rifi? par ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com