ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
"T. Biro Katalin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ICOM Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 09:17:50 +0200
Dear Jean-Marc Blais,

In Hungary we are very keen on dates and aniversaries -
perhaps more than healthy. We were celebrating in 1996
the "Millecentenary year" commemorating 896, the date
of the Hungarian Conquest.
We are also preparing a lot of things for 2000, which is
"Millenary year" for us in the sense that King Stephen I.
(St. Stephen) was crowned in this year and therefore it
is considered to be the date of the foundation of Hungarian
state.
There are a number of museum programs organised for this as
well as the previous occasion. In our monthly museum newsletter
we have a regular column for these "Mille...s", and most of them
are reviewed in English.
If you are really interested, we can
- send you existing English resumes in email
- put you on the mailing list: in return we ask publication or
  periodical you think relevant to Hungarian museum public.
We are also planning to put existing information on the Hungarian
Electronic Library (back copies of the Newsletter are partly
there already).

Best wishes,

Katalin T. Biro
Hungarian National Museum