ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Milton Bloch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:00:51 -0500
Gary,
I am sorry to object but museums are not merely sites, they are permanent institutions.  A site can be my brain and the sum total of my memories would, I guess, then be the museum?  With this definition a time capsule in the cornerstone of a building could might qualify as a museum. To me neither "permanence" and "institution" should be negotiable.  I think we are beginning to wander into the thin fog of dilution that comes with endless tweaking.
Milton